Monday, September 9, 2013

Call me Ishmael.

       Just Kidding, call me Makenna! I am starting this blog as part of a class based on the idea of Digital Culture. We are using Moby Dick as our main source of literature within this class. To introduce myself, I am an English major going into the wonderful world of Library Science. This class is especially useful to me, because Libraries and how they work are rapidly changing to incorporate all of the technology that seems to change on a daily basis. Whether or not we get into the debate about which is better- physical books or kindles, how we experience literature is definitely changing rapidly. And all of this is why this class is so interesting to me!
I am from California, I am a senior, graduating in another semester or so, and I look forward and dread the day when I no longer have classes and school to go to!
I love being an English major, but sometimes it is difficult for me to express my thoughts on paper. I have never loved to write as much as I love to read, but I think that the words from my favorite books often inspire me to keep trying.
Some of my hobbies include cooking, hiking, playing in the rain, and occasionally trying to systematically read every book in the library. I look forward to getting all of my classmates and anyone else that happens to stumble across this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment